Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Calhan Auction




Most Mondays you'll find me here. At the Calhan Auction. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff and animals here. Comet and Gypsy came from the auction, so did Sophie but we didn't know it at the time. I can't eat a chicken I've raised so when they get older or stupid I take them to the auction. I've bought and sold goats and sheep. Bought Ariel and Kusko there as well and their son, Jafar, might be making a trip to the auction soon.
In addition to livestock, the auction also deals with "stuff". It might be junk to you but it could be a treasure to someone else.
Sometimes the prices are to the benefit of the seller, sometimes the buyer. A friend of mine had a pig she took the auction. She ended up owing the auction money as the pig only sold for $5 which wasn't enough to cover the expenses of the auction. It was a really fat (not large, fat) pig.
The animals are sold by the head (horses, most goats) but most are sold be the head.
People also bring free kittens and sometimes puppies.
So if you have a free Monday come to the auction in Calhan. There is also a horse and tack sale the last Saturday of each month. I don't go to that one, it would be dangerous to my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment