Friday, November 19, 2010

Count down to Turkey

So Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I have about 25 people coming this year. The four of us, Magie, Glenn, Granny, Ashley, Sara, Jenny, Melissa, Cody, James, Derek, Randy, Dylan, the other Melissa, Brandon, Hope, Virginia, Ladosha, Jason, Johanna, Sarah, Benjamin. Did I forget anyone. Three are pretty little yet.
Today was Grandparents day at our school. There is a Thanksgiving dinner served followed by a musical program. Alex was a shark in the play "Fish".
Sadly, Andy didn't participate. He's been fighting a respiratory problem all week.
Alex went to the dentist this morning, did well with the cleaning and no cavities. Andy was supposed to go but due to illness we will reschedule.
We bought a turkey fryer tonight. And the oil. The oil is almost as expensive as the fryer. Magie is butchering two of her turkeys for our consumption next Thursday. We are also having a ham, two kinds of green beans, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and some other stuff. I need to get some chairs from the church. I think I have enough tables, thanks to my grandpa Smith making extra leaves for the dining room table. But a little short on chairs. One of our neighbors put out a table for free, so it found a new home here at Green Gates.
I wonder if our royal palm turkeys would cooperate and have their pictures taken wearing pilgrim outfits. Probably not, I may try to keep them in the front yard for yard art.

No comments:

Post a Comment