Friday, July 30, 2010

Flies Everywhere

We live in the country. So it is natural that we have flies. But the number of flies lately has been just ridiculous. I'm spraying the horses (when they let me) and the goats and dogs. The chickens have an automatic fly spray dispenser.
Ever notice how when you have a fly problem, and you get the fly swatter, the flies all scatter.
Our church is also having a fly problem. Also in the country. There's a bug zapper hanging up in the kitchen.
While I was gone to Minnesota, one of the cats knocked over the finch cage. They had already killed Annie, my only female. Sharky died the day we came home. Freddie the Finch is doing well but he is now missing a foot. But he hops around and flies in the cage. Eating well and still taking baths in the drinking water.
I put a kiddie pool out for the ducks. There's something about a duck splashing around in the water that just makes you smile. Even when you have a fly problem. And beetles and spiders. I'm getting a bug bomb today. The bugs and insects are going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment