Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chickens and Snow

The calendar says April. Which should mean showers so we have May flowers. However, we are having snow. And wind. I went out to feed the animals and the chickens and waterfowl were running around out in the pen. The horses were the smart ones, they were staying in the barn.
So for supper tonight we had Jamaican Jerk chicken, couscous with pine nuts (don't be impressed, it was a mix) and steam in the bag brussel sprouts. Andy likes the sprouts. I made the chicken (store bought, I can't eat one of my birds) by pounding boneless,skinless chicken with grandma's meat tenderizing hammer and then sprinkling the chicken with jerk seasoning and fry/steaming it with a little bit of olive oil. For dessert we had Klondike bars.
I wanted to get a picture of the snow but the battery died in the camera and Alex took the last AA batteries for the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment