Monday, January 24, 2011

Duck, Duck, Duck Goose

It being a Monday, I just had to go to the auction today. Never mind that it was cold and windy. Not many people there which would explain why I bought some birds fairly cheap. I took 3 hens and one rooster and one duck. I have mom and dad duck still and so not wanting to make baby ducks with the parents because "ewwww". Too many years working in CPS I guess.
So what do I bring home, 16 ducks. So in addition to the two muscovy and the other two ducks I already had, there are now three Pekins, at least 3 rouens and the rest look to be cross-breeds. My SIL Nina and one the the ladies at church are wanting duck eggs. And maybe selling some baby ducks this spring.
Someone stuffed 10 full grown geese into a cage about 3 feet by 3 feet. I wasn't sure if they would all make it by the time I got them (all of them) home. So now we have 1 African female goose (had her) 6 Embdens and 4 Toulouse geese. They are good for weed control. Princess, our little chihuahua puppy, was out herding the gaggle of geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment