Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions by Default

It being only the 5th of the new year, I'm only a few days late for resolutions. Besides, I had to think of something worth trying.

Besides the obvious ones of eating healthier (blew that today by buying a 12 pack of soda) and exercising more (haven't tried the Wii exercise program; maybe next week.) Well, I've been busy. Monday there was no school so boys were home, Tuesday the boys went back to school (happy dance time) and I really don't know what I did that day except clean the living room. Wednesday I was in town. Tomorrow I go get hay and then volunteer at the school, pick up poultry from a friend going out of the poultry business. Friday I go back to town first thing in the am and then to the church for pantry and and some point I need to pick up firewood because Sunday and Monday it's supposed to snow. So, see, I don't have time this week to exercise.

Cleaning the living room on Tuesday is the result of moving the Wii to the family room, smaller tv but not my problem, and banning certain young men from the living room unless they are sitting on the couch watch the big tv. No food or drink allowed. Period. End of discussion. I've gotten tired of having to frantically clean the living room when someone is going to come over. The family room I can just shut the door and ignore the mess.

So one of the resolutions is to keep the living room clean.

Does finishing the horse barn by the end of February count as a resolution. Let's pretend it does. So that makes two specific resolutions.

Making it a threefer, learning a craft comes to mind. I'm currently working on a project for my dad's birthday at the end of the month. Not saying any more about this so he'll be surprised. Let's just say his present this year will be homemade.
By me with a large assist from bff Magie.

Going to make Peter one for Valentine's day. So that's my resolutions, such as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment