Monday, May 2, 2011

Prom 2011

Instead of the average Midnight Fantasy or some such theme, our junior class went with an Oriental theme. Our art teacher did much of the artwork of Chinese words. There were paper plates, napkins and cups with Chinese words. Lots of white Christmas lights. The old gym looks so different when it's dressed up for Prom. The kids had the gym for 10 days to decorate and so the elementary had PE outside.
When we arrived there were pitchers of water on the table. Upon closer examination there were little goldfish swimming around in the pitchers. During Hell Night at sorority initiation, we had to swallow a live goldfish. Not really an experience I care to repeat.
After our meal of beef and broccoli, sushi (my fave of the night), noodles, egg roll and some type of chicken there was cake.
The senior class (of five students) uses this moment in time to deliver their "wills".
There was a number of athletic pass-ons, some clothing and perfume gifts. One student used his time to thank his grandparents for raising him. I thought that one was really sweet.
Peter and I left before the dancing started. The dance is really for the kids anyway. The dinner is by invite only. My date and I went as I'm currently on the school board.
This was probably my favorite prom, even over my own high school experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment