Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Smelling the country

Monday I took a goat and five ducks to the auction in the back of my Jeep Cherokee. I keep a plastic tray under the duck cage but sometimes they squirt. The goat, it wasn't mine, left some little presents. Suffice it to say the Jeep doesn't smell exactly fresh. So this morning I went to the feed store, stopped by the little grocery store and got some powdery air freshner and country pork ribs for supper tonight. Then went to the feed store. At the mill picking up my order, you could smell IT. The sheriff's department had just been there and disposed of a Skunk. I didn't really notice it until I got home and was emptying the hen scratch into the storage bins but the skunk smell was on the bags. Bff Magie uses the feed bags under her poultry cages. I don't think I'll be taking these bags to her.
Today is school volunteer day. Tonight we are having the ribs. My grandma used to boil them for hours with bay leaves, peppercorns and potatoes. I'm going to use the crock pot.

1 comment: